DO NOT USE JAVA BECAUSE IT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE

geletine adaviscg1 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 8 07:03:55 EDT 2006

Nobody has mentioned that c was proprietary until richard stallman
wrote gcc in 1987, c is a great for system programming. Just because
something is originally proprietary does not mean its technically
rubbish, there are plenty of merits in java escially for new
programmers or anyone who wants to get a program going very quickly.
Gcj at the moment can do most tasks apart from swing gui, i believe Awt
is well supported.

To further my position, without the proprietary(it was licenced on a
liberal account at the time) UNIX created in bell labs, they would
possibly not be linux.

Miguel de Icaza started implemening mono as he too saw technical
advantages  in .net, he is freeing the language in my opinion.

Technology is just as important as polictics, hopefully i am well
understood