CD Burning

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 13:34:40 EDT 2006

Nero has a commandline utility called NeroCMD.exe  (not sure if you
needed a free solution or not)

Here's some sample code and write-up using NeroCMD.exe with Python:
http://www.answermysearches.com/index.php/nerocmdexe-and-python-automating-the-burning-process/10/

-Greg

On 5 Apr 2006 00:46:16 -0700, Tim Golden
<tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk> wrote:
> Albert Leibbrandt wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anybody tell me which windows API or python module they are using
> > for writing cd's / dvd's with python?
>
> Other people have offered sound suggestions about using
> cdrecord etc. under Cygwin. Just to make the point, though,
> XP (and above, presumably) does have an inbuilt interface
> for burning CDs. I've never used it, and I don't know how feasible
> it would be to access it from Python. (Helpful, eh?)
>
> The interface is ICDBurn and it should be possible to wrap
> it with ctypes / ctypes.com but I haven't the time at the
> moment to try it out. (And I haven't a CD writer in this machine
> either!)
>
> Ultimately, it might still be easier to install Cygwin and use
> the cdrecord approach. I just wanted to make the point that
> there *was* an in-built mechanism.
>
> ICDBurn:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/ifaces/icdburn/icdburn.asp
> ctypes.com: http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/com.html