MySQLdb "begin()" -

shearichard at gmail.com shearichard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 21:39:42 EDT 2006

Thanks for your advice. In fact subsquent to posting I started using

conn.autocommit = False

... as a synonm for ...

conn.begin()

... and as you say that does the job. (Sorry i should have said it's
not practicable to turn off autocommit always [or rather it may be but
I'm not about to shake the boat to that extent just now ;-]

As to what I was reading yes it's here ...

http://www.devshed.com/index2.php?option=content&task=view&id=210&pop=1&page=0&hide_js=1

... or more succinctly ...

http://tinyurl.com/s6yd2

... page down to ...

"connection.begin() - start a transaction"

... that article refers to version 0.92 of MySQLdb so clearly it was
either wrong then or for some weird reason the method has been dropped.

thanks again.

richard.