Looking for resources for making the jump from Java to Python easier and more productive

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 12:44:14 EDT 2006

Ant wrote:
> Take a look at the newgroup archives over the last week or two - there
> seem to have been a glut of people coming from Java to Python and
> asking the same sort of questions. There were some links to a bunch of
> Python 'gotcha' pages which will be useful.

Here's a few gotchas which i would like to drop into the python wiki,
but I couldn't find an appropriate place.  Maybe the Intermediate
Conundrums page?
Anyway, if OP take the time to flip through these, it'll speed the
learning, I hope.

http://www.ferg.org/projects/python_gotchas.html
http://zephyrfalcon.org/labs/python_pitfalls.html
http://zephyrfalcon.org/labs/beginners_mistakes.html