Assignment in a while?

none "thulben\" at (none)
Sun Apr 2 14:47:16 EDT 2006

Hi all,

First, let me preface this by the fact that I'm completely new to the
language, but not to programming in general.

I'm trying to get my feet wet with something near and dear to my heart:
database programming.  Here's what I've got:

import pgdb;

dbh = pgdb.connect(database = 'test')
sth = dbh.cursor()
sth.execute("SELECT * FROM capitals")
#while 1:
     #results = sth.fetchone()
     #if results == None:
         #break
     #print results
while results = sth.fetchone():
     print results

If I try to run the above code, I get a SyntaxError indicating that I
can't do an assignment in the while loop.  I found a way around this
(see the commented out while loop), but it seems hackish.  Assignment
within a while loop seems like a pretty standard thing, so I'm just
curious what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,
Ben