Python equivalent of Perl-ISAPI?

Atanas Banov enterr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 23:11:38 EDT 2006

it is your loss as well (so, 2 losses and 1 win).

you comparing perl-ex with python-cgi is unfair, to say the least.
let's count:

1. you ditched python ASP, because you dont know how it may port on
linux (even if it's supported on apache and you probably never, ever,
will have to do the said port).

2. you ditched mod_python, because it's for apache and not for IIS.

3. you picked perl-ex, because... it works fast on IIS, even if it
doesnt work on apache or linux.

hard to speak about fairness here. besides i guess your tests are based
on dummy script pages, which do nothing and the real pages which
interface with DB and equipment, will spend 10 times more time doing
real work, say 1500ms. now tell me what is the difference between 1.514
sec and 1.786 sec wait time? and even if that were not the case, what
is the diffrence for a user between 0.014 and 0.286 seconds? part of a
blink of the eye?!

- nas