Doc suggestions

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 18:18:27 EDT 2006

<rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here is a 30000' view.  I posted about a clear
> (admittedly very minor) doc problem 8 days ago.
> Since then there have been 30+ postings in this
> thread.  Insults and bad feelings have flown.
> Two people setup wikis and uploaded the tutorial.
> I don't know how many people have visited or made
> changes.  After all that I look at the current
> 2.5 docs, and what do I see?  The same, trivial,
> problem is still there.
>
> Am I the only one who sees something wrong with
> this picture?

I have not seen any responses to this so
maybe I am the only one.

Or has Fredrik Lundh's vitriolic postings
intimidated this entire group into silence?

[snipped...a proposal that would hopefully
improve the documentation and process.]

No comments on this either.  I wonder why?

...It is a lousy or unworkable idea.

...Fredrik doesn't like it.

...It did not come from an insider.

...The docs for introducing people to Python
and getting them to an intermediate level are
already ok.  Any further improvement would
erode the status of the existing experts and
is thus undersireable.

...Same as above but would reduce the ability
of experts to make money writing commercial
books.