proposed Python logo

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Apr 21 14:10:47 EDT 2006

On 2006-04-21, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:

> (The main thing I dislike about Python is that the documentation is too
> sketchy.

Well, Monty Python was a pretty sketchy show...

[sorry]

> The best snake-and-language logos I have seen are the Twisted-Matrix
> one and the PyCon one.

Sincy Python wasn't named after the snake, why the insistence
on using a snake in the logo?

> But I think my idea can be developed too. I think the colon as
> snake-eyes thing is a big win. We would think affectionately
> of the snake every time we type the unnecessary colon.

I think something Monty Python related would be better.  How
about a nice can of spam?

I doubt our friends in Austin would like that idea.  OTOH,
there is a Monty Python "spam, spam, spam, spam" display in the
spam museum (which is actually much more interesting than you
might think).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... Um...Um...
                                  at