i18n hell

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Apr 24 14:49:31 EDT 2006

Martin Blais napisał(a):

> See
> http://furius.ca/antiorm/ for something simple that works well.

I'd like to know what is this module/library good for *before* I start
downloading it. "Almost like ORM but not exactly" is rather vague term
and can denote anything. Is it dishwasher? Or microwave oven?

BTW, I don't have any problems without character encodings since I
started using unicode objects internally in my programs. Database is the
same kind of data source, as regular files, sockets or ttys -- you have
to know client encoding before you start receiving data. Then decode it
to unicode and you are fine.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/