PEP 359: The "make" Statement

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Fri Apr 14 02:42:11 EDT 2006

Nicolas Fleury wrote:

>  I have no idea of the
> implementation implications, but it would be nice to have the
> capability to override the namespace type to use something else
> than dict, so that it can be filled with symbols one statement at a
> time.

    	I agree.  I have sometimes wanted this ability for classes, so that
class definitions could map assignments onto class attributes in some
way besides blindly stuffing into a dict.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell