freebsd thread problem

Ivan Voras ivoras at __-fer.hr-__
Mon Apr 24 11:38:47 EDT 2006

Dorian Mcfarland wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have installed python(2.4.3) & trac(0.9.4) on freebsd(4.8) from the
> ports collection and I seem to have an underlying problem with the
> thread module.

> Salling 'import thread' from the python prompt yields the same result.
>
> I have a 'threading.py' and a 'dummy_thread.py' in my
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4 folder and I only have one version of python
> installed.

How did you install python? By default, if built from ports, it should
pop up a configuration dialog in which one of the options is to enable
thread support. If you have a bad configuration record, you can do a
"make config" in /usr/ports/lang/python to re-create it.

(if there's no such option, then maybe using threads with python is
disabled in 4.x)