mod_python + apache + winxp => nogo

Jim Gallacher jg.lists at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 9 11:13:40 EDT 2006

cyberco wrote:
> Thanks Jim, I indeed did not look in the mailinglist archive (you have
> to subscribe for that and Google didn't cache it yet).
>
> The problem was indeed the missing .DLL's. After adding them to my
> 'PATH' variable apache was at least able to start. Unfortunately things
> still don't work. When I try to load a .py file I get the error:
>
> ==============
> [Sun Apr 09 14:03:46 2006] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
> mod_python.apache.\n
> [Sun Apr 09 14:03:46 2006] [error] python_handler: no interpreter
> callback found.
> [Sun Apr 09 14:03:46 2006] [error] [client 192.168.2.100]
> python_handler: Can't get/create interpreter., referer:
> http://myserver/test/
> ==============

You are halfway there. Apache has found the mod_python loadable module,
but now *it* can't find the correct mod_python lib files. This may
happen when you have several different python versions installed on your
system, and mod_python is trying to use the wrong one. If this is the
case, adjust the path that apache sees so that the correct python
appears first in the path.

> This seems more like a bug in mod_python.

Not a bug - unless you consider poor documentation a bug ;). Your
configuration is still not correct.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if our Windows guy reads c.l.p. on a regular basis and I'm
rather clueless about Windows issues. Subscribe to the mod_python
mailing list. You can always unsubscribe later. :).

Jim