CGI module: get form name

ej ejohnso9at at earthlink.dot.net
Wed Apr 12 21:00:42 EDT 2006

I'm not seeing how to get at the 'name' attribute of an HTML <form> element.

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

gives you a dictionary-like object that has keys for the various named
elements *within* the form...

I could easily replicate the form name in a hidden field, but there ought to
be some way to get directly at the form name but I'm just not seeing it. I
looked in the os.environ() - don't see it there.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

"I strongly believe what we're doing is the right thing. If I didn't believe
it-I'm going to repeat what I said before-I'd pull the troops out, nor if I
believed we could win, I would pull the troops out." --President George W.
Bush,  Charlotte, N.C., April 6, 2006