python application ideas.

Thomas Bartkus thomasbartkus at comcast.net
Tue Apr 25 10:51:42 EDT 2006

"Anthony Greene" <sysfault at zetafunc.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.04.25.03.48.13.511654 at zetafunc.net...
> Hello, I know this isn't really a python centric question, but I'm seeking
> help from my fellow python programmers. I've been learning python for the
> past year and a half, and I still haven't written anything substantial nor
> have I found an existing project which blows my hair back. Python is my
> first language, and I plan on learning lisp within the next week but
> before I do so I'd like to write something meaningful, does anyone have
> any suggestions? Something they always needed, but never got around to
> writing it? Without an imagination you pretty much stagnate your whole
> learning process. Thanks in advance.

Just what is it, other than programming, that you have expertise in?
What kind of problems do you know how to solve?

    > Without an imagination you pretty much stagnate your whole
    > learning process.

So true!  Unfortunately, no one can provide you with one.
You have to develop that yourself.

Tis the conundrum of programming in general.  If all you know how to do is
write code - then you truly have nothing to do.  What *other* interests do
you have?  Hobbies? Job Skills?
What *does* "blow your hair back" ;-)

That's where your programming ideas need to come from.
Thomas Bartkus