telnet read_sb_data

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Apr 14 10:14:49 EDT 2006

On 2006-04-14, Arne <arne.meissner at gmx.de> wrote:

> Yes I have read the documentation. But I am not sure what is
> the SB/SE suboption. Is this a suboption on the remote machine
> or for Python. Maybe you could be so kind and explain it to me
> with a little code example.

SB/SE are used for telnet protocol option negotation for telnet
protocol options that are more complicated that just on/off.
It has absolutely nothing to do with what you're trying to do.

For more info, read the RFC on the telnet protocol option
negotiation:

  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc855.html

Here's another decent article:

  http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~jphb/comms/telnet.html

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. I
                                  at               feel... JUGULAR...