confusing behaviour of os.system

Todd goldfita at signalsguru.net
Thu Apr 6 20:41:59 EDT 2006

I'm trying to run the following in python.

os.system('/usr/bin/gnuclient -batch -l htmlize -eval "(htmlize-file
\"test.c\")"')

This connects to xemacs with gnuclient and runs htmlize.  If I run it
from a shell, xemacs gives me an error, but it generates the html file
just fine.  If I run the same statement in python, I get the exact same
behaviour, but there's no file.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  I thought maybe it's putting it in
another directory or there might be some permissions problem.  Any
ideas?  If you want to try it, just make sure to run "M-x
gnuserve-start" first.