proposed Python logo

Michael Yanowitz m.yanowitz at kearfott.com
Fri Apr 21 07:41:47 EDT 2006

   How about having something from Monty Python in the logo rather
than something snakelike. Python was named after Monty Python and not
the snake. Snakes also don't appear friendly to me.
  I used to have rats as pets. Snakes are murderers of rats. Which I
do find strange that there is a rat on the cover of "Learning Python"
by Oreilly but a Python snake on the "Progamming Python" by Oreilly
book.
   I think something from Monty Python (I haven't watched it recently
to know what would be ideal) would be more appropriate than an ugly
reptile which is usually associated with evil and our reason for leaving
the Garden of Eden.

  (Take me serious or not, I don't care, this is just my opinion,
but with a little humor.)

Thanks in advance: