How to initiate HotSync of Palm device?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Apr 11 06:52:31 EDT 2006

dylpkls91 wrote:
> I know how to get the program to wait for a process to finish, but I'm
> having trouble initiating a HotSync through Python. While poking around
> the Palm Desktop and HotSync system files, I found a DLL called "HSAPI"
> with the title "HotSync API", but I'm not sure if this is what I need.
> There is no HotSync COM type library in my PythonWin COM browser.

Have you inquired in a Palm forum to learn what the correct method is
for doing this?  Surely if there's a way to do it, using that same
approach from Python would be the simplest thing to do.  (In other
words, unless there's a ready-made Python module that does this, and I
suspect you've googled for that already, then this is a Palm question
and not really a Python one...)

-Peter