Dell Support Web Site Automation.

S. D. Rose s_david_rose at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:38:49 EDT 2006

Hello all.  Awhile back I was playing with win32all package to get system
information from the Dell PCs.  However, I'm using a win32 program, bginfo,
to get the information on the PC and insert it into a MySQL database.  Of
the fields I'm recording, I am saving the system serial number.

I was wondering if it's possible, or highly involved, to have a list of
serial numbers and have a python script iterate thru and go on-line and
automate the Support.Dell.Com website, inserting the serial number and
choosing System Details, to be able to get the out-of-warranty date and
maybe other information I can't get using bginfo or win32all.

Thanks for your help!
-Dave