Speed abilities

Coyoteboy coyoteboyuk at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 12:17:07 EDT 2006

Ive read a few comments, the usual about it being slower,sometimes vastly
slower than a C++ written item but I was wondering if its 'slow'
incomparison with what I need. I'm looking at taking two arrays of 12 bytes
over an ethernet connection, comparing them, recieving correction data
(single byte) from another module over a pipe at approximately 900Hz and
using all these with a fairly complex set of algorithms to generate a new
set of 12 byte data. This has to be done in a very short time, preferably
the same rate of throughput as the 900Hz. Am i asking too much of Python? I
find C++/MFC fairly complex and python looked like a great alternative if it
hadnt been 'flagged' as slow.

Cheers