recognize a drive as removable media (e.g. compact flash, sd card or usb drive)

Mike Joyce fiann at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 8 11:31:43 EDT 2006

	I am trying to write a portable script that will find removable media,
such as compact flash, sd card, usb, etc. drive and then upload files
from the media. I want this to be portable so that I can write and
maintain one program for both Linux and Windows. Each platform uses
different functions so even if I could find two platform dependent
functions that would be fine. Basically, I would like to avoid checking
fixed disks if possible.
	If anyone know of a good way to do this please let me know. Thanks in
advance for any help.
-Mike Joyce