subprocess freeze with rsync on windows

William Dode wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Fri Apr 7 03:44:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

I try to call rsync (with ssh) with subprocess but _some times_ it
freeze without traceback, without any reason.

My code look like that :
    def sh(self,cmd):
        log.debug("S cmd: " + " ".join(cmd))
        p = Popen(cmd, stdout = PIPE, stderr = PIPE)
        stdout, stderr = p.communicate()
        if stdout:
            log.debug("S ret: %s" % stdout)
        if stderr:
            log.error("S err: %s" % stderr)
        return p.returncode

When it freeze i need to kill the ms-dos console by hand.
I've no problem on linux with the same script.

thanks

the complet script (doing rsync and cp -al on the remote side) is
available freely here : http://flibuste.net/libre/snapy (but
documentation is in french)

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net