best way to install python modules on linux

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Fri Apr 7 14:12:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am pretty new to python and will use it mainly in
combination with scientific packages. I am running ubuntu
breezy right now and see that some packages are out of date.
Do you have any suggestion, how I can get/keep the latest
python modules (e.g. scipy, numpy,...) on my ubuntu system?
I.e. does there exist any script/program, which downloads
and installs automatically the latest stable releases of selected
modules? It would be nice, if the program can remove the
installed modules, too!?

Or would it be easier to stick to apt/deb and create own
packages ...

Greetings!
 Fabian