Decorators, Identity functions and execution...

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:51:53 EDT 2006

Em Dom, 2006-04-09 às 08:52 -0700, Carl Banks escreveu:
> You've made the unfortunate mistake of indenting it with tabs, which
> do
> not show up on some newsreaders.  I see the tabs in Google; people
> using Microsoft Outlook do not.

He does not need to know that some poor designed newsreaders mess up
with tabs at will. Python supports tab indentation and it's not
forbidden to use it (if it was, support for it in the Python codebase
would have been removed long time ago).

I don't like to code with tab-indents, I use 4 spaces, but I don't press
space four times each time I need to indent something, I just press Tab
and the editor does the clunky part for me. The problem is that most (if
not all) mail programs/newsreaders don't convert tabs to spaces, they
don't even keep the indentation of the last line, so nobody has the
obligation of opening its IDE or hitting dozens of times the space key
just to post a message to the list.

--
Felipe.