why doesn't is work?a script to backup a directory

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Apr 2 10:19:00 EDT 2006

I wrote:

> > WindowsError: [Errno 3] : 'O:/eb/mb/S/*.*'
>
> shutil.rmtree() expects a directory name, not a file pattern.  if you leave
> out the "*.*" part at the end, it should do what you want.

postscript: typically enough, I stumbled upon the same error message myself,
a day later.  looks like it's Windows that adds the "*.*" thing to the path, all
by itself.

however, on my machine, I get a bit more information:

    WindowsError: [Errno 3]  The system cannot find the path specified:
    'directory/*.*'

</F>