multiline comments

Atanas Banov enterr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 01:41:51 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott wrote:
> At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'm wondering why Python doesn't have
> any multiline comments.  One can abuse triple-quotes for that purpose, but
> that's obviously not what it's for and doesn't nest properly.
> Saying coders shouldn't use multiline comments to disable code misses the
> point.  Coders will comment out code regardless of the existence of
> multiline comemnts.  There has to be a better argument for leaving them out.

i beg to differ: you'd be surprised how much effect can little
inconveniences have.

want to comment block of code? use tripple-quotes. does not nest? ahhh,
maybe it's time to get rid of that block you commented out a month ago
"just in case the new code doesnt work".

that gives you incentive to tidy up. don't be a code slob... don't
leave a mess forever ;-)