Ironpython book?

Wed Apr 19 11:50:01 EDT 2006

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Jim Hugunin.  But, apparently, we're having communication problems.
> Since I say that Python.NET is "a long-completed research project", what
> contradition do you find between that and your opinion that "it [isn't]
> being developed/used anymore"?  Why should a research project, that was
> finished years ago and to which (to the best of my knowledge) no
> followup is planned, be "developed" any further?

I was just saying what my thoughts were before you told me that it was a
completed project. What I had thought was that work on it had stopped
and it wasn't being used anymore, perhaps because IronPython was
becoming the main .NET implementation to use.

But it sounds like, from Fred's post, that work is still being done on
it. My main point in asking was just that I hadn't heard as much about
it as IronPython lately, and I was just curious what the community would
think about two competing .NET implementations, since a big part of
Python is having one main way to do everything (I think).