help wanted regarding displaying Japanese characters in a GUI using QT and python

prats pratik.ganguly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 05:20:01 EDT 2006

I think I could not make myself clear. I have a GUI written in Python
and Qt and PyQt as the python wrappper fro QT. Now I have a string
which is base64 encoded. This string contains both japanese and english
charaters. I need to decode them and display them properly in the GUI
ie. with both english and japanese characters.
I need a way to display them. Qt doc says that QStrings are capable of
displaying all characters. So I need a way to get a QString from the
base64 encoded string.
~pratik