Calling Python from Matlab

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 10:10:30 EDT 2006

"Daniel Nogradi" <nogradi at gmail.com> writes:

> > I am desperately looking for a way to call Python from Matlab. I have become
> > used to Python's rich syntax and large number of libraries, and feel
> > ridiculously clumsy being stuck with Matlab's rather restricted facilities
> > for doing other things than standard mathematical work.
> >
> > Does anyone know of good techniques (or readily available software) for
> > achieving a cross-language support between Python and Matlab?
> >
> > Carl
>
> Perhaps you will find this useful:
>
> http://claymore.engineer.gvsu.edu/~steriana/Python/pymat.html

I'd recommend looking at

<http://mlabwrap.sourceforge.net/>

instead (but then I'm the author). It's based on pymat but contains several
critical bugfixes and a high-level interface from python to matlab (e.g. you
can just do mlab.plot([1,2,3]) or x = mlab.sin(3)). I'll need to update a
couple of things, but on the whole it appears quite stable -- people have
succefully used it under windows, linux and os x.

'as