XML-RPC server via xinetd

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Apr 17 06:43:58 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 12:36:18PM +0200, Brian Quinlan wrote:

> I don't know exactly what your usage pattern is, but you might be able
> to use SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher directly e.g.
>
>  >>> s = SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher()
>  >>> s.register_function(pow)
>  >>> s._marshaled_dispatch('<?xml version="1.0"...)
> '<?xml version="1.0"...

Will look at that too, but as I want to be able to use the same XML-RPC
client as I talk to with my SimpleXMLRPCServer (thus talking HTTP), I
think I need to CGI sugar.

Note that the main reason I'm looking to the "xinetd way" is that
I want to use proper SSL-based traffic and the SecureXMLRPCServer
flying around, using pyOpenSSL (or so), does not do a complete job
(because pyOpenSSL does not do a complete job IIRC) and needs to
be tweaked anyway, so I now hope to use stunnel.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>