MinGW and Python

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Tue Apr 25 08:27:06 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

> - gcc does not optimize particularly well.

That is beyond BS. The more recent gcc releases optimize as well as any
commercial compiler. GCC 4 may even optimize better than MSVC.

GCC is the compiler used to build the Linux kernel and MacOSX. If it
can deal with this I say it can handle Python as well. My guess is you
will not notice any performance difference for the Python interpreter.
Doesn't Python run well on Linux? GCC is used to build Python on Linux.
MinGW is GCC. MinGW on Windows creates the same binary code as GCC on
Linux.