Automated Graph Plotting in Python

diffuser78 at gmail.com diffuser78 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 23:08:53 EDT 2006

My python program spits lot of data. I take that data and plot graphs
using OfficeOrg spredsheet. I want to automate this task as this takes
so much of time. I have some questions.

1. Which is the best graph plotting utility in python or linux. Can I
write a code in such a way that my python code automatically gives me a
graph. I know little about gnuplot. If you know any better tool without
much learning curve please tell me in Linux.

2. I want to write a script such that my python code writes to a file,
some graph utility like gnuplot takes that data from the file and I get
my graph ready made. Do you think its possible ?

Any feedback regarding above is appreciated.

Thanks