Find similar images using python

Christos Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue Apr 4 03:28:35 EDT 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:10:11 -0800, rumours say that Scott David Daniels
<scott.daniels at acm.org> might have written:

>Christos Georgiou wrote:
>> .... I did make a module based on imgseek, and together with PIL,
>> I manage my archive of email attachments (it's incredible how many
>> different versions of the same picture people send you: gif, jpg
>> in different sizes etc) and it works fairly well.
>>
>> E-mail me if you want the module, I don't think I have it currently online
>> anywhere.

>This sounds like a great recipe for the cookbook:
>     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

Actually, it should go to the CheeseShop, since it is a python module that
is a bridge between PIL and the C module (I don't believe multi-file modules
are appropriate for the cookbook, but ICBW); however, my web space is out of
reach for some months now (in a web server at a previous company I worked
for), and I'm in the process of fixing that :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Dear Paul,