telnet read_sb_data

Arne arne.meissner at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 17:45:06 EDT 2006

Hello!

Task: Connecting to a unix server and getting the directory list .
OS: XP

Connecting to the server via telnet is no problem.
I also want to get the directory list. I know by using read_all I can get
all the output (starting from the login up to the end).
1. What I look for is the option to get only certain parts of the output. It
seems to me that the command "read_sb_data" can do this. The documentation
says, that I will get the data between the SB/SE pair. But I don't know how
to invoke the SE command in Unix. Even I don't know the SE command.

2. I thing when this command work I can also get the directory size for each
directory in root (using df and du Unix commands)
Using os.stat(path) doesen't work on XP, I am always getting a 0 return
(i.e. (16895, 0L, 3, 1, 0, 0, 0L, 315529200, 315529200, 315529200))

Please be so kind and post a little bit of a code.

Thanks a lot!
Arne