Python 2.5 licensing: stop this change

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Apr 1 02:14:36 EST 2006

As the only director of the Python Software Foundation to vote against a
recent Board motion to implement the change in licensing terms described in

   http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2006/04/python-25-licensing-change.html

I would like to place on record my protest against this change. I think
it will harm the Python language and ultimately be counter-productive,
reducing the user base and discouraging open source programmers from
contributing to the code base.

If you disagree with this proposed change it's not too late to do
something about it. If this change goes ahead it will be the end of
Python as we know it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com