dictionary to file

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Fri Sep 16 11:33:03 EDT 2005

You don't define what you mean by "a lot".  Python can read
a tremendous amount of information from files in a very short
amount of time so I wouldn't try to prematurely optimize this.
Just read the information and see how long it takes.  If it
is really a long time, then look for alternatives.  It will
take some time to read the dictionary and to unpickle it.

-Larry