Code run from IDLE but not via double-clicking on its *.py

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Sep 2 03:51:29 EDT 2005

[Richie]
> Now what does the python Command Prompt say?

[n00m]
> It says... NOTHING! It just DISAPPEARS!

That's the strangest thing I've heard all week.  8-)

OK, one more thing to try - redirect the output of Python to some files
and see whether anything useful appears in the files:

C:\> d:
D:\> cd \python23
D:\> python d:\python23\socket6.py > out.txt 2> err.txt

Does anything appear in d:\python23\out.txt or d:\python23\err.txt?

[Dennis]
> I'd be tempted to blame the VBS script then...

n00m, can you post the vbs?

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com