fully-qualified namespaces?

Lenny G. alengarbage at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 12:44:53 EDT 2005

Thanks George.  But I have to apologize -- I think I used the wrong
term in my question.  Hippo is actually a package, not a module.  So I
have:

Hippo/
  __init__.py
  Crypto.py
  Potamus.py

And inside Crypto.py, I need to access python-crypto's Crypto.Hash
package.  Inside Potamus.py, I need to access Hippo.Crypto, e.g.,

Hippo/
  __init__.py
  Crypto.py        # wants to import python-crypto's Crypto.Hash
  Potamus.py       # wants to import Hippo's Crypto

Can I do this?  Crypto.py can't seem to access python-crypto's Crypto
namespace, because it's own namespace takes precendence.  I tried using
the renaming trick inside of Crypto.py, but it still can't find the
original python-crypto Crypto.  Maybe there's something I can do in the
__init__.py?  Maybe something with __path__?  Is there a better way to
access namespaces from the module files themselves?

  Thanks,
  Lenny G.