File processing

Gopal cvgkrishna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:07:46 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm Gopal. I'm looking for a solution to the following problem:

I need to create a text file config.txt having some parameters. I'm
thinking of going with this format by having "Param Name - value". Note
that the value is a string/number; something like this:

PROJECT_ID = "E4208506"
SW_VERSION = "18d"
HW_VERSION = "2"

In my script, I need to parse this config file and extract the Values
of the parameters.

I'm very new to python as you can understand from the problem. However,
I've some project dealines. So I need your help in arriving at a simple
and ready-made solution.

Regards,
Gopal.