Straight line detection

PyPK superprad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:31:35 EDT 2005

Does anyone know of a simple implementation of a straight line
detection algorithm something like hough or anything simpler.So
something like if we have a 2D arary of pixel elements representing a
particular Image. How can we identify lines in this Image.
for example:

ary =
[[1,1,1,1,1],
 [1,1,0,0,0],
 [1,0,1,0,0],
 [1,0,0,1,0],
 [1,0,0,0,1]]
So if 'ary' represents pxl of an image which has a horizontal line(row
0),a vertical line(col 0) and a diagonal line(diagonal of ary). then
basically I want identify any horizontal or vertical or diagonal line
anywhere in the pxl array.

Thanks.