MySQLdb - create table problem

Ed Hotchkiss edhotchkiss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:15:51 EDT 2005

I am trying to use MySQL (use to use access/ASP so i'm lost) with MySQLdb.
I'm trying to read a file with three fields in it, deliminated by commas,
into a MySQL DB.
 The code is attached, the access DB and pass etc works :P, and also the txt
file is included. I get a bunch of errors and I have fixed a bunch, but alot
I still don't get. I'm at the 'monkey see, monkey learn a little and type
examples' stage! Thanks again ...

Although it is also attached, the code is below-
-edward

# Script to add links from a comma deliminated file to a MySQL database

# 9/16/05

import MySQLdb

import sys

try:

conn=MySQLdb.connect( host="www.freesql.org <http://www.freesql.org>",

user="edhotchkiss",

port=3306,

passwd="test1",

db="links")

except MySQLdb.Error, e:

print "Error %d: %s" % (e.args[0], e.args[1])

sys.exit(1)

cursor = conn.cursor()

cursor.execute("""

CREATE TABLE links