How to tell if an exception has been caught ( from inside the exception )?

Paul Dale pd at traxon.com
Thu Sep 22 09:19:31 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm writing an exception that will open a trouble ticket for certain
events. Things like network failure. I thought I would like to have it
only open a ticket if the exception is not caught. Is there a way to do
this inside the Exception? As far as I can see there are only two events
called on the exception, __init__ and __del__, both of which will be
called wether or not an exception is caught (right?)

Am I missing something, or is there a way to do this with exceptions?

Thanks!

Paul