ANN: PyInstaller 1.0 in the works: package your Python app into asingle-file executable

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Tue Sep 6 20:02:51 EDT 2005

[Giovanni Bajo wrote]
> Trent Mick wrote:
>
> > I notice that the release notes for py2exe 0.6.1 mention that it
> > finally *can* make a single file executable. I'm not involved in
> > developing it
> > nor am I that experienced with it. Just an FYI.
>
> Yes, I noticed it. You'll have noticed also that the announcement happened
> after my mail was already posted. I'll update PyInstaller's website ASAP to fix
> the now incorrect information in there.

Yah. I read about the py2exe release on python-announce first and then
your announcement on python-list and then the py2exe announcement on
python-list.  Sorry for jumping the gun.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM at ActiveState.com