Calling Access module functions from python

kayakerjess kayakerjess at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:44:48 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have an Access Data Project (.adp) that I am trying to open and
execute from Python.  I am using the win32com.client, and I have
successfully opened the application, but I'm getting an exception when
I try to execute the function (actually a "Sub" that returns void, but
that shouldn't matter).  Here's what I have so far:

conn=win32com.client.Dispatch('Access.Application')
conn.OpenAccessProject("C:/path/to/file/filename.adp")
conn.Visible = 1
# works so far

conn.Run("test_interface")

# Exception is thrown here.
# com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None,
0, -2147352562), None)

The 'test_interface' function takes no arguments, but I've tried the
same thing with another function that does take arguments and gotten
the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
kayakerjess