sys.stdout

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:12:24 EDT 2005

Jorgen Grahn a écrit :

> On 9 Sep 2005 03:40:58 -0700, Sébastien Boisgérault <Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> >> what "python shell" are you using, and what platform are you running
> >> it on?
> >
> > The python interpreter is invoked from a bash/konsole session,
> > inside a KDE env.:
>
> So, it's either of these things:
> - konsole and its bugs/features

Nothing that I could do about it ;)

> - your $TERM settings

My xterm settings ?

> - your readline and its bugs/features

Uh Uh ... I have disabled my $PYTHONSTARTUP script that
was using some features of the readline module, but
without any success ...

> - your ~/.inputrc settings (see the readline man page)

INPUTRC refers to the default Mandrake settings in
etc/inputrc. An old version, 2002. It should be
mostly harmless, right <wink> ...

> It's hard to say what's right and wrong really, and whose fault it is.
> I'm pretty sure it's not Python.  What happens if you try bash?
>
>   tuva:~> bash
>   grahn at tuva:~$ echo -n 'foo'
>   foograhn at tuva:~$

Bash (into a konsole, same conditions than befor) seems to be ok:

    [boisgera at meteor boisgera]$ echo -n 'foo'
    foo[boisgera at meteor boisgera]$

:(

Cheers,

SB