Would you pls tell me a tool to step debug python program?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 21 06:08:42 EDT 2005

Johnny Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>    I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
> whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
> Just like the F10 in VC...
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Johnny

The pdb module is a basic starting point for Python's debugging
features, and can be useful for a single attack on a single truculent bug.

Wing IDE has a stepping debugger. It's not the only tool with this
feature, but I've found it very convenient, and use it daily. You can
download a one-month evaluation, as with many similar products.

   http://www.wingware.com/

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org