attribute error

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Sep 26 19:13:13 EDT 2005

"M.N.A.Smadi" <smadim2 at grads.ece.mcmaster.ca> writes:

> HI;
>
> I am  having the following error.  I am using someone else's code and
> all they are doing is pass an argv to a function then
>
> def execute_action(manager, argv):
>     method_name = argv.pop(0).lower()
>

> and am getting this strange error.
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'pop'
>
> am using Python 2.3.4 and am importing the following libraries:
>
> import sys, os, inspect
> from Asterisk import Manager, BaseException, Config
> import Asterisk.Util
>
> but i always thought that something like this will be standard stuff.
> Any ideas?

Yes - show us the rest of the code. execute_action is never called in
the snippets you posted, and it's pretty clear that it's being invoked
with the wrong thing as an argument. Can you provide a minimal working
(well, executable) code sample that generates the error message you
are getting?

Oh yeah - post the full traceback as well.

    <mike