Perl's documentation come of age

Mike vimakefile at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 20:57:29 EDT 2005

"Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.836.1127471336.509.python-list at python.org...
> Mike wrote:
>> "Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
>> news:mailman.747.1127321959.509.python-list at python.org...
>>
>>>Jim Hugunin's keynote speech at this year's PyCon was accompanied by a
>>>projection if his interactive interpreter session, and I know I wasn't
>>>alone in finding this a convincing example of Microsoft's (well, Jim's,
>>>really) full integration of Python into the .net framework.
>>>Steve Holden       +44 150 684nin 7255  +1 800 494 3119
>>>Holden Web LLC                     www.holdenweb.com
>>>PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org
>>

>> Which .Net integreation technology are you speaking of?
>> BTW, PyCon.org seems to be down (at least not reachable from here at the
>> moment.)
>>
>> thanks
>>

> I spoke of IronPython, which generates CLR code.
>
> I believe pycon.org will shortly re-emerge as a redirect to a subdirectory
> of the python.org domain, but I'm no longer in charge, so this may not be
> accurate. RSN ...

Glad to see this cool project is still up and running. I downloaded it and
ran some examples without incident.

Looks like I'm having a bad week w/these URLs, because now I'm not able to
access http://lists.ironpython.com/listinfo.cgi/users-ironpython.com .
I was hoping to get at the archives to see if I can glean more info before I
asked too many questions...

Is there any way at the moment to get all the "niceities" w.r.t. development
w/I.P.? (E.g., code completion, source debugging, etc.)
I assume a Visual Studio plug-in would be natural, but I'm not sure it's
around yet.

thanks,