improvements for the logging package

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Wed Sep 14 13:54:56 EDT 2005

[skip at pobox.com wrote]
>     >> It does, in the "in-development" version of the documentation. Sorry it
>     >> was not in the 2.4 releases :-(
>
>     Thomas> Maybe it can be backported to 2.4.2 - is there still time for that?
>
> Changed now in CVS.  When 2.4.2 is released it should be there.

Is this the same kind of thing as the (generally ill-regarded) change in
Python 2.2.x (for some x != 0) that added:
    True, False = 0, 1
I may have the details wrong.

Now there is a feature in 2.4.x that wasn't in 2.4.(x-1), which could
cause surprises. I.e. I write code that uses the new thing, test it with
my 2.4.2 install, think that is works with 2.4.* and say so when I
distribute it.

Maybe that is okay.  Just asking here because I don't keep up with
Python changes -- or sentiment on how to handle this kind of thing --
well enough.

Trent

--
Trent Mick