Create new instance of Python class in C

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Fri Sep 9 11:19:21 EDT 2005

Hi people,

I'm creating a program that can solve and create Sudoku puzzles. My
creation function needs to make a lot of copies of a puzzle. Until
now, I used copy.deepcopy(), but that's too slow. I want to implement
such a copying function in C and use that instead. My idea about this
is:

- Get the data from a puzzle (a list containing lists containing
  strings) and make a copy of it. That's coded already.

- Create a new SodokuPuzzle instance and assign the data to it.

That last step can be done by passing the data to the constructor, so
that's easy too once I know how to do that in C. My question is: how
do I create a new instance in C of a class written in Python? I've
searched Google, but found nothing of help.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa